HVAC Repair in Cape Breton Island for Homes and Businesses
Whether you need a new heat pump or air conditioning unit installed, or service to your existing system, D Gillis Ventilation & Air Conditioning Ltd is here to help with HVAC repair in Cape Breton Island. We install reliable HVAC equipment to ensure your home or business is as comfortable as possible. If you’re ready to get started, contact us and request a free quote!
Heating and Cooling with a Heat Pump System
When it comes to options for heating and cooling your home or business, heat pump systems have become increasingly popular in recent years for one main reason: efficiency. Heat pumps are essentially a heat transporter constantly moving warm air where it’s needed or pumping it out, depending on the season. In winter, even when the air seems too cold, heat energy is present and a heat pump will extract that heat and transfer it indoors. In the summer, it reverses and pumps the warm air out. Because a heat pump is moving heat instead of generating it, you get a much more energy efficient system when compared to fuel, oil and electric systems for climate control.
Here is some information on the brands D Gillis Ventilation & Air Conditioning Ltd can install in your home or business:
- Fujitsu mini-split heat pump. This is the most efficient heat pump on the market. It can be installed ducted or ductless and offers heating, cooling and dehumidifying. Warranty: 10 years for parts and labour.
- Mitsubishi mini-split heat pump. Just behind the Fujitsu in terms of efficiency and can come in single, dual, tri, or quad zone models. It uses one outdoor unit and has up to four indoor heads offering heating, cooling and dehumidifying. Warranty: 7 years.
- YORK® ducted heat pump. This system can be run from either your existing hot air furnace or it can be independently run with an air handler, giving you heating and cooling through your ducts. Warranty: 10 years for parts.
- GREE mini-split heat pump. This system offers heating, cooling and dehumidifying. Warranty: 5 years.
- Comfort-Aire® mini-split heat pump. This system offers heating cooling and dehumidifying. Warranty: 2 years.
Ventilation System Installation in Nova Scotia
Having a good ventilation system in your home or business is important. Proper ventilation will work in tandem with your main climate control system, like a heat pump, and offers several advantages. For one, it can save you money by helping you regulate air flow and reduce temperatures. Our systems will also protect your health by pumping out any impurities polluting your air. Stuffy, polluted air inside a building can actually lead to a number of health problems like headaches, allergies, rashes and more.
D Gillis Ventilation & Air Conditioning Ltd sells and installs vänEE and Fantech heat and energy recovery ventilators, which will bring fresh air into your home or business and move out stale air. The vänEE system comes with a 5 year warranty, while the Fantech system offers a warranty of 7 years. Have any questions? Check out our FAQ page or give us a call!
- Loren Cook